Factors Considered When Setting Bail in Minnesota
Here at Bail Bonds Doctor, Inc., the average person does not know how judges and the court system determine bail amounts. So here is a quick list of the factors under consideration when judges decide how high or low to set any particular defendant’s bail amount.
Factors Considered by Judges that Contribute to MN Bail Amounts
A Court in Minnesota is required to consider the following factors and issues when setting bail for any defendant:
- The nature of the crime
- The defendant’s employment status and income
- The financial resources available to the defendant at the time
- The mental condition and overall character of the defendant
- The safety of the community if the defendant is released
- Flight risk (how likely the defendant is to skip bail and run from the law)
- Length of residence of the defendant in the community where they committed the crime
- The family ties of the defendant
- The safety of the victim (if there was one)
- The security of anyone else even remotely involved with the case
The Difference Between Conditional and Unconditional Bail in Minnesota
In addition to the factors above that go under consideration whenever a judge sets bail for a particular defendant, that same judge can give two different types of bail. The two types of bail bonds in Minnesota are:
- Conditional Bail
Conditional bail imposed limitations on the defendant to reduce their flight risk. Common restrictions (or conditions) include random drug tests, staying away from specific locations, staying away from liquor stores and bars, not leaving the state and more.
- Unconditional Bail
Unconditional bail is precisely what it sounds like, bail without conditions (other than being required to show up for court dates, that is).
Need Help with Bail Bonds in Minnesota? Contact The Bail Bonds Doctor, Inc.!
Bail bonds professionals at The Bail Bonds Doctor, Inc. are here to help. We offer reliable and affordable bail bond services. So, if you need help with bail in MN, please do not hesitate to contact us!
We offer professional bail services in the following locations: